All Posts

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

WHY I OBJECTED TO PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS IN CAMEROON IN 2011

--- On Thu, 7/22/10, Jonathan Awasom <jonathanawasom@yahoo.com> wrote:
  
Thank you for your questions of curiousity about Presidential Elections in Cameroon. I don't know of any Presidential elections planned for 2011 in Cameroon. There are a lot of things, which we need to put in place first before we can conduct any Presidential elections in that country. For instance we need an Independent Electoral Commission among other demands we had made to Cameroon government in the past , which are still pending.
You know I am more  concerned about the plight of political prisoners and other human right violations in Cameroon than Presidential elections. As far as I am concern, we patriotic and conscientious Cameroonians and Africans should never tolerate any Presidential elections under the current political system in Cameroon. Any elections by President Paul Biya and CPDM party will be a big fraud as usual.
It is true that I have Presidential aspirations like any other Cameroonian.In fact it is our sacred and inalienable rights as citizens of Cameroon and I have encouraged other Cameroonians not to be afraid to declare their intent to seek the Presidency  just as I had done.
Moreso,I believe that I will make a wonderful Presidential candidate because my advocacy for freedom and change is grounded in my political asylum by ,which I am not suposed to bea citizen of the US.
Most importantly, my resume and experience in fighting for humanity and especially Cameroonians and Africans gives me an absolute advantage over any other candidate at this particular time in history. By the time I will be returning to Cameroon, I will have to recieve an authorization from the US government before I enter Cameroon. This is important because I am here on behalf of the US government and not CPDM regime.
You know I have worked so hard since I entered into this country raising awareness against human trafficking by Cameroonians and Africans, poverty,injustice, corruption, human right and civil rights violations and oppression of powerless and helpless people in Africa.Often,I used Cameroon as a case study to make my case to both politicians, NGOs  and religious leaders involved in mission work in Africa. You can tell that my no-nonsense advocacy has inspired and empowered many Cameroonians ,too.
As you know in 2006, I burst out and landed a memo to the White to President G.W Bush after he returned from G-8 Summit. Some people said that I was looking for trouble and that I would be deported or killed.
Then in 2009,I formally filed a complaint against the CPDM -USA for, which we have been persecuted by CPDM-USA led by  Jesusman Prince Hamilton Ayuk and Joe Mbuh , the leaders of this corrupt CPDM-USA. Jesusman  once resigned from CPDM Party citing gross violation of human rights.Then when he was corrupted he recanted and went back, and since then they began persecuting me for reporting CPDM-USA  to the US government.
Then in 2010,I thought I could work with these Cameroonians who were attracted to my courage,vision, truth and perhaps the spotlight.So, I opened up and embraced them but never knew  that they were corrupt and full of tricks. However we have come a long ways since I encountered  some problems along the way with the Pro-CPDM regime faction within that organization I was once part of.
I do not expect any elections in Cameroon in 2011 because there is a leadership vacuum  in that society for a long time now. The President of Cameroon , his government and Parliament have failed the Cameroon people. These three people have lost their sense of patriotism and any elections in 2011 will not be different from what happened in 2004.
You know the frustration of the civil society in Cameroon is that some Cameroonians in the Diaspora who work at certain high profile organizations  are toothless bull dogs who cannot employ their offices and resources to enable change. Their fear is that some of these Cameroonians are instead part of the problem and seem to be afraid to speak the truth to the organizations where they work.
Some of them are just seeking ways to continue to support the statusquo because they wasted their own time to bring about change. Now, is a new and different generation.Let them support us and if possible be advisers because they don't understand that we are living in a new age.
I think that where we are in Cameroon right now is not a good place to mislead Cameroonians again into a quagmire of  democracy.
Let me very clear to all Cameroonians and friends of Cameroon that so long as we do not respect the inherent and sacred rights of all Cameroonians as enshrined into the Constitution, any Presidential elections where President Paul and CPDM regime participates in will be a sheer folly.
President Paul Biya and his government  should respect the constitution of Cameroon and honor our request following empirical evidence about how he and his government have mismanaged Cameroon society for more  than 30 years.
I have made my position clear  several times through the  collective memorandum dispatched to the Congress of the United States through Senator John Kerry as chairman of Foreign Relations Committee with absolute clear 7 and 8  demands to President Paul Biya and the stakeholders of Cameroon. The work I am carrying behind close doors is to make sure that the world knows we are serious against corrupt tyranny and dictatorship in Cameroon aided and abetted by the US government.This is wrong and it has gonbe on for too long.
I am very convinced that these officials have been sharing intelligence with one another as regards the intense advocacy we have been carying out since 2006.Lastly, recently I called upon the Cameroon Parliament to stand up and take action . This request was made on behalf of our fellow Cameroonians. So, we have reached a point where the President of Cameroon, his government and Parliament will have to answer to Cameroonians and the world about the crimes they have committed against humanity.

On these bases, it is needless to participate in any Presidential elections in 2011. We have urged President Paul Biya and the Cameroon government to show their fear for God since every claims to be a Christian by refraining from making a mockery of God.
Thank you very much for your questions and while I am working towards announcing our new Grassroots organization for freedom and Change in Cameroon and Africa, please , continue to visit my blog
Sincerely
Jonathan Awasom

No comments: